One of the biggest requests I get is for quick and easy ‘meal prep’ ideas. Mason jar recipes are my absolute favorite (I use them for everything) and there are many recipes in the way of overnight oats and even delicious mason jar salads that are quick, convenient and still health conscious. A+A Wellness is all about eating clean and not having it take hours to prep.
Take for example this yummy recipe I made last night. It took minutes to prepare and I woke this morning to a prepped and delicious breakfast. How amazing is that?
You can get creative in switching out the types of protein, switching up the flavors and type of nut butter (or nut free butter) and other ingredients. This gives you a base to start your creativity in the kitchen!
Here is my recipe that I played with last night. Below the recipe I will post other options you can consider switching out to make a variety of different ‘overnight oats’.
- 1 scoop Grass Fed Whey Protein (I used Tera’s Whey Grass Fed Chocolate)
- 1/2 cup Organic Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 cup of UNSWEET Cashew Milk or milk of choice (almond, hemp, coconut etc)
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Cacao Powder
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter of choice (I chose Sun Butter for my recipe)
- 3-4 drops of Organic Liquid Stevia (if you can’t tolerate stevia you can replace with a teaspoon of RAW LOCAL HONEY)
- 1 tablespoon of Lilly’s Chocolate Chips OR cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mason jar and mix well. (Leave out the chips or nibs and add to the oats in the morning).
- Leave in your fridge overnight. In the morning, take out- add your chips/nibs and voila! It is that simple and deliciously yummy. Even fits in your cup holder if you choose a medium mason jar!
Substitutions to consider:
Milks: Hemp, Coconut, Almond, Cashew or GRASS FED Milk
Nut Butters: Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, Pecan Butter or Sun butter (which is NUT FREE but offers a creamy consistency)
Ingredients: Fresh berries, vanilla protein in place of chocolate, raw nuts or seeds, mashed sweet potato (it’s a real thing!) unsweetened creamy pumpkin (YUM for the Fall!)
For more healthy recipes or wellness tips, check out the rest of our blog or find us on FB by searching for “A+A Wellness Fitness, Nutrition & Lifestyle Group”. Alex and I love helping our Community through our Fitness classes, seminars, conferences and offering our great support. We reside in Marietta and service our surrounding Roswell, Kennesaw, Marietta and Sandy Spring’s Community.
You can also find us at the new Kennesaw Whole Foods or Marietta Merchants Walk Whole Foods offering our Seminars on the weekends! For more info, message us. We would love to hear from you!
Alex and Ashley Poptodorov
Owners of A+A Wellness