A+A Wellness is proud to now offer our newest service to help people achieve health through ‘Functional Lab Testing’.
- Weight gain or inability to lose weight
- Digestive Problems
- Hormonal Imbalances & Thyroid Disease
- Brain Fog
- Inability to Sleep
- Diabetes, Heart Disease or other Chronic Ailments
- What are functional lab tests? These are specialty tests that use blood, hair, urine, stool and saliva samples from a person that can help determine the root cause of a persons health challenges, whether acute or chronic.
- What are the benefits of functional lab testing? Functional Lab Testing provides more detailed and useful information for you to know what is happening inside of your body. This can give you a picture to know not only what is happening but to stop the progression towards disease & to properly address the root cause.
- How do I know if functional lab tests are for me? Have you ever had obvious health symptoms but your lab tests from your Dr. came back normal? Were you ever told that they can’t find anything or worse yet, it’s all in your head? Common conditions that functional labs are used for include (but are not limited to): Autism, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Depression, Weight-loss, Fatigue, Migraine Headaches, Mood Swings, IBS/Digestive problems, Vitamin & Mineral deficiencies, Thyroid issues, Asthma, Muscle Pain/Fibromyalgia, Hormonal Imbalances and the list goes on and on.
- The Micronutrient Profile: This helps to identify functional baseline nutritional deficiencies as well as to identify essential micronutrient absorption deficiencies which can cause or increase the risk of chronic disease. It helps to identify excess of nutrients caused by uncontrolled supplementation, to prevent the increased risk of certain chronic diseases or nutrient toxicity side effects.
- The Wheat Zoomer Test: This is a tool to assist in the detection of wheat and gluten related disorders. It aids in the specific recognition of antibodies to wheat peptides including gluten and non gluten components along with intestinal permeability. 1 in 7 Americans suffer from some type of wheat or gluten sensitivity. This test can help determine and get to the root cause of these issues.
- Intestinal Permeability Test (i.e. ‘Leaky Gut’): is a condition where the integrity of the intestinal cell barrier is compromised or broken down. Normally, our intestinal cell network forms a very important barrier between our digestive tract (outside environment) and our blood stream (inside environment). With intestinal permeability the barrier is broken down and intestinal contents can enter the blood stream. Why test for this? Intestinal Permeability has many possible physiological ramifications. The purpose of testing for this is to accurately identify the root cause condition so you can begin a proper protocol to address it.
- Food Sensitivity Test: Food sensitivity is a non IgE mediated type 3 or type 4 hypersensitivity to certain foods. A lot of people have no idea that they are sensitive to these foods but experience the symptoms. It can propagate from hours to days later after ingesting a certain food as well. Symptoms can include digestive issues, mood & irritability, fatigue, brain fog, lack of energy. Inability to lose weight and continuous hunger. These tests are very valuable because a lot of people suffer needlessly or have trouble losing weight. Food sensitivities can make it harder to lose weight because of increased water retention and a hunger hormone called Ghrelin is continuously released.