Hi Fitness friends and health buffs!
Alex and I wanted to provide you with our top 5 things that you can start doing immediately to gain control of your health. Remember, being healthy is so much more than just hitting the gym! It is about how you feed, nourish and care for your body. The overall “healthy lifestyle” is a must. These are simple tips that will help build a great foundation.
1) Drink Fresh Squeezed Lemon Water: Do this first thing in the am on an empty stomach. This is excellent for alkalizing your body, rehydrating and cleansing your system. It helps “wake” up your system gently before you start eating and drinking coffee.
2) Drink Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Daily: 1 tablespoon in 6-8 oz. of water. This can be done anytime throughout the day. You can also follow your lemon water with the ACV as well if that works best for you. The benefits of ACV are plentiful such as hydrating the body, helping to diminish hunger & curb cravings as well at it is great for digestion & gut health.
3) Start Juicing Daily: You do not need a fancy juicer or recipes. Simply juice a hydrating mix of lemon, celery and cucumber. We occasionally throw in a beet as well. This is wonderful for getting high quality nutrition to your cells. Make sure you are juicing organic produce as well!
4) Swap Sugar for Stevia: : Stevia is a plant based sweetener that doesn’t excite insulin the same way sugar does. A drop of stevia is 10 times sweeter than sugar so less is more! This will obviously help you in losing weight and feeling better but nixing sugar from your diet will add up well beyond any of that! You will find yourself with more energy, vigor and HEALTH in the long run!
5) Minimize Stress: We all have stress to some level. How you handle and process your stress can say a lot about your health. The more you stress the higher your risk of heart disease and other ailments. It is also a recipe for packing on fat. Try your best to stick to a schedule and minimize stressors in your life. These things will add up to major gains in your health dept.
6) Get your ZZZ’s: REST! This is an area that is often sacrificed in lieu of other things. We tend to think that we can cut down on our sleep in order to provide more hours in the day. The fact is, your body goes through very precise processes at night that help in building, repairing and replenishing. If you are not sleeping enough it will eventually cut down on your productivity in the long run as is a recipe for packing on fat as well.
Try these 6 simple tips for gaining control of your health! Living a healthy lifestyle is a process and journey that takes time. It does not happen overnight. Focus on these 6 things and build from there. You will be shocked at how quickly (and awesomely!!) your body responds.
Have questions? We welcome them. Leave your comment and Alex and I will gladly respond.