Summertime is here and we’re right around the corner from 4th of July celebrations. This quick and easy salad is a perfect pairing with your favorite meal during these summer days. The combination of tomatoes, olive oil, and a dash of cumin makes this salad pop and a winner for lunch or dinner.
• 2 lb. organic ripened tomatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
• 1/2 small red onion, cut in half and sliced very thin
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
• 1/3 cup raw or toasted pumpkin seeds
• 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1/3 cup 100% extra-virgin, first-cold pressed & unrefined olive oil
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt, or to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
• 2-4 oz. crumbled original Bulgarian feta cheese to garnish
Instructions: Place tomatoes, onion, parsley, pumpkin seeds, and basil/oregano in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Combine oil, lemon juice, salt, and cumin in a measuring cup, and mix thoroughly. Pour mixture over the vegetables and toss till all is mixed well and saturated. Chill before serving to add extra flavor.