I am so excited to be posting this recipe (as promised). Who doesn’t love a tasty treat!? The problem is that most treats are laden with sugars. We all know how toxic sugars are to our health. Sugar is hidden in everything we eat. It is literally bombarding our products and is especially prevalent in processed foods. These added sugars and processed foods over time wreak havoc on our health.
I love this recipe because it shows you that you can enjoy a tasty treat without all of the added junk. In my quest to find a healthier alternative I came up with this very simple (5 ingredient) ice cream I dubbed ‘nice cream’ because it is MUCH kinder to the hips. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 🙂
This only contains 5 simple ingredients which is just another reason why I enjoy it so.
1. Organic Frozen Cherries
2. Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
3. Liquid Organic Stevia
4. Raw Walnuts
5. Organic Grass Fed Milk
- Using a blender (preferably one with an ice cream OR pulse setting add in all ingredients in order (pouring the grass fed milk LAST)
- I typically use about 1-1.5 cups of frozen cherries and a handful of shredded coconut and walnuts.
- Lightly pour in grass fed milk (1/2-3/4 cups) depending on your preference of thickness.
- Using the pulse setting on your blender, pulse the mixture for 30 seconds (it may need more milk if it is too thick so slowly add while pulsing if needed).
At this point you can pour thick mixture into a bowl and either eat immediately or freeze for 30 minutes so it is even thicker and colder! 🙂 There you have it! So simple and easy. 5 ingredients and very low sugar. Any sugars will be naturally occurring from the cherries and grass fed milk.
Enjoy and let us know how you liked it! 🙂
Alex and Ashley Poptodorov
About the Author:Alex & Ashley Poptodorov are owners of A+A Wellness in ATL, GA. They have over 30 years combined experience with 14 years of running their own fitness facility in Tampa & ATL. They relocated to ATL in 2013 and now offer Fitness, Nutrition, Lifestyle & Traditional Naturopathy programs including Online Coaching and their online Forum called the A+A Wellness 'Inner Circle'.